Saturday 25 October 2014

The Crazies (2010)

A FULLER VERSION OF THIS REVIEW IS ALSO POSTED AT A BLOG I CONTRIBUTE TO YEAR-ROUND.

Head to Horror Movie A Week to see what my friend Lisa and I think of the 52 movies we review each and every year.

Ogden Marsh, "The friendliest place on earth" lays demolished and burning.
Just 2 days ago it was an idealic, quiet, town... But something started infecting the residents, making them irrational and violent.
Before the first shot is even fired, someone is watching the town, someone with the recourses to monitor the town via satellite.
Why has infected the townspeople? Who is watching? And are they there to help, contain, or attack? And how will the handful of unaffected escape the chaos?

George A. Romaro produces this remake of his own 1973 movie of the same name, although I haven't seen the original, his thumbprint is certainly on this one.

Not great, but certainly good enough to be worth watching.



Disclaimer:
If you look through the archives, you'll see that I've been using "Bought from Poundland" as a tag since at least 2011.


At the end of October 2013 I decided that all of my 2014 movies would be purchased from Poundland, and began buying up horror movies, to ensure I would have enough come October 2014.

In March 2014 I took a part time job at Poundland.

In accordance with the companies social media policy, in September 2014 I contacted Poundland's social media team to check that I would be okay to carry on with my plan to use the "bought from Poundland" tag.

I have been given the go-ahead on condition that I make the following clear:


All the reviews on this blog are entirely the opinion of Will Tingle, the reviews are not endorsed by Poundland in any way and (as should be obvious from some of the more scathing ones) are certainly not reviews I have been paid to write.

In short: The views expressed in this blog are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Poundland or it's owners, shareholders, or  management.

No comments:

Post a Comment