Sunday 24 October 2010

Troll 2

Oh my Goooooooooooooooooooooooood.

That was appalling!

To be fair, I watched this movie in completely the wrong way: Sober and alone. This is a film that requires friends and booze!

I could play you literally any line from this movie and it would be amongst the worst acting you have ever seen, and the goblin puppets / costumes are laughable.

You don't have to have seen the first Troll movie to, erm "enjoy" this one; it's purely an 'in name only' sequel - intact the movie doesn't feature a single troll, and the word 'troll' isn't uttered once in the entire film.

The story concerns a family a going on a house-swap holiday to 'Niblog' - a town who's entire population are goblins. Vegetarian goblins. Vegetarian goblins, who turn humans into trees, in order to eat them.

I can't for the life of me work out who this film was aimed at (assuming it wasn't aimed at crowds of drunken cynics from the start) - on the one hand, it screams 'kid movie' - our hero is about 10 years old, and assisted my his grandpa's ghost; on the other hand, the 'sexy' suggestive corn-cob dance seems decidedly un-kid. Go figure.

Did I enjoy the film... Well, I wasn't board by it, so it wasn't the worst film I've seen this month (That was 'lake mungo' which I turned off halfway through, and therefore didn't review), beyond that I'm not sure... But one thing I do know; in a crowd, with suitable chemical enhancements, I would have loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment