Friday 5 October 2012

Death Bed: The Bed That Eats

WARNING:
although this movie has been tagged as "Recommended" I am not claiming it is a "good" film. It is not. 
I do, however, strongly suggest you see it, and it is so utterly... mad, that it would be a shame to miss it.

A demoniacally charged bed eats people while the soul of a man watches from his own personal limbo behind a painting in the same basement.
Although it's been years since the bed last ate enough to be satisfied, there is something about one of the three girls who have stepped into it's lair that makes it reticent to make a meal of her.

Dafuq, as they say on the interwebs, did I just watch?

All of the information I can find on this says that it was made in 1977, couldn't find distribution  and then lay dormant until 2003, when a bootleg copy showed up. The director who (and consider this for  moment) had forgotten he made the damn thing, managed to get it released on DVD, some 26 years after it was made.

I want to cry bullshit; and if it had been released in 2012 I would... but it's been out for 9 years now, if the above story was nothing more than a publicity stunt, someone would have blown the whistle by now.

But honest to god, if I found out that it were made in 2003, that it was a spoof, a big joke on the audience... I would believe it without question.

This film is insane. Really, properly "if this isn't a spoof, someone needs stronger meds" INSANE.

Virtually everyone in it has an inner monologue,  most especially the artist, who seems to have been trapped in limbo for the exclusive purpose of narrating the movie and providing exposition, the acting is utterly atrocious  and oh yeah IT'S ABOUT A FREAKIN' BED THAT EATS PEOPLE!!!!

The bed eats by creating an orange foam, then the foamed-on things sink into the bed, which seems to be full of digestive juices. they then either desolve, or else have "bites" vanish from them, and anything unwanted re-surfaces on the bed clean and dry. Like for instance the bucket of chicken, which arrives back on the bed as a bucket of bones.

Oh, and the bed had telekinetic powers too; it's able to lock doors, tamper with jewellery and make itself, it can even teleport its victims bones into the back yard, where they serve as plant food.

Is it any good? Hell no! (Haven't you been paying attention) but I'm sure glad I saw it, that I... Witnessed it. That I. Know. It. Is. Real.

Because honestly, if you thought I was making this up, I couldn't be offended.

1 comment:

  1. Bloody hell. Can I just take your word and not watch it... reminds me of a scene from 'The Mangler' where a fridge tries to eat someone... most amusing.

    ReplyDelete